Tuesday, September 18, 2007


Guess what I'm doing today?????
"The Heroin Diaries; A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star" was released today!! I was lucky enough to receive an 18-page advance preview for this book back in June and I have been counting the days until this came out.

For those of you out of the loop, this book is about Nikki Sixx (from Motley Crue), written by Nikki from his own diaries with responses sprinkled throughout by band members, managers, family and friends. Nikki was the MC member that overdosed in 1987 and was declared clinically dead until the paramedics on the scene gave him 2 adrenaline shots to the heart. This book documents his experience with his heroin addiction and how he came thought it. Should be an interesting read. Expect a review soon.


Speaking of reviews....... I just can't bring myself to finish the review of the Styx-Foreigner-Def Leppard show. Folks, it was just that bad....with the exception of Styx. Really. Bad. Bad. Real Bad.

And on a TOTALLY unrelated note..... I got "tagged" with a "meme" yesterday. And yes, I had to google and wiki the word "meme."

Direct from Wikipedia: A meme as defined within memetic theory, comprises a unit of cultural information, the building block of cultural evolution or diffusion that propagates from one mind to another analogously to the way in which a gene propagates from one organism to another as a unit of genetic information and of biological evolution. Multiple memes may propagate as cooperative groups called memeplexes (meme complexes).

Examples of memes might be tunes, catch-phrases, beliefs, clothing fashions, ways of making pots and the technology of building arches.

I know you are thinking "What does this mean and how does it apply to my life?"

Again, from Wikipedia , an INTERNET MEME is simply the propogation of a digital file or hyperlink from one person to others using methods available through the Internet. Some examples are: emails, blogs, networking sites, instant messaging. The content often consists of a saying or joke, a rumour, an altered or original image, a website link, a video clip or an offbeat news story ..and several hundred more possibilities.

An Internet Meme may stay the same or may evolve over time, by change or through commentary, imitations, and parody versions or even by collecting news about itself. It is spread organically and voluntarily on a peer-to-peer basis, rather than by trickery, compulsion, predetermined path or by completely automated means.

I sum up: My brother hit me with a "tag" on my blog that lead me to a questionnaire or survey for me to read about him titled "8 Random Things About Me." He listed 8 things and then tagged 8 people to do the same. They will list their 8 things on their blog and then tag 8 more people. And they tell 8 people and they tell 8 people and they tell 8 people...you get it, right?

So, later today I will turn out 8 random things about myself. The only big question is....

WHICH 8 PEOPLE WILL I TAG????




Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter